This event ended.
Please book to attend this event by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The group walk will start from the Anglers Rest Community Pub and Cafe which is celebrating their 10th anniversary in Bamford from 8th to 15th October.
The Thornhill Trail was the old reservoir construction narrow gauge railway which brought raw materials up the valley. The trail is an easy walk for all ages and takes you through some stunning countryside, ending up at Ladybower.
The community pub is a popular venue for hosting community events and welcomes all communities to visit/host events. There will be food for sale, pizza, Thai food and much more. They also sell some delicious cakes! There will be music from 2.00pm.
The High Peak Mayor will be opening the celebrations on Saturday and there will be a marquee. Some local residents will be joining our group walk.
Anglers Rest, Bamford Community Pub and Cafe, Main Road, Bamford, S33 0DY
- Bus: 257 (Hulleys) / Stand: D3 Please note. Maintenance work is taking place at Sheffield Interchange. Please arrive in good time to ensure you are at the correct stand.
- Departure time 8.55am
- Bus fare – £2.00
- Return bus to Sheffield: 2.10pm and 3.45pm
- Parking is available in the village.
- Start time of walk – 10.00am
- Distance: 6 miles
- Walk leaders: David Miller and Yvonne Witter
As with all walks, please ensure you dress appropriately/take the necessary resources with you for the group walk:
- wear comfortable walking shoes/boots
- cool/warm clothing depending on the weather
- waterproof coat/jacket
- bring sun cream if necessary
- bring a packed lunch/snacks and water